Sunday, November 11, 2007

Om Shanti Om.

No review, just notes.
  • Its like a big party that you have been invited to, and everyone seems to be having a whole lot of fun, and you do too. But at times one just has to stand in a corner and wait to get noticed. It's full of in-jokes that only a die hard Bollywood fan will appreciate. It's full of these moments that one will remember and guffaw about, but the story-telling is very average. The story is obviously predictable, that's what Farah Khan intended to do. The point being that the this predictability doesn't have to be in the face.
  • Shah Rukh Khan: In a place which seems to be reserved for people with connections, he has really made it. He hams, overacts and does all that people claim that is SRK. He is a natural in the role. I love him.
  • Deepika Padukone: We argued over whether she is hot or cute. Sam summed it up rather well "She is trouble". I am not qualified to rate her talent, but the thing about her is that she's got the appeal, the aura of a star. She walks into the screen, and you stare at her in wide-eyed amazement.
  • Songs:
    • Dard-e-disco: Ok only. The song was not a stand out. Even the choreography very ordinary, especially by Farah Khan's standards. I prefer the others.
    • Deewangi Deewangi - I love that song. However, it's not actually 31 *stars*, it's less than that. Aftab Shivdasani and Dino Morea are stars?!?
Having said all of that, I love the movie. It's full paisa wasool.
I might even watch it again.
I am not watching Saawariya. No chance in hell.

5 comments:

Ashwin said...

I'm skipping Saawariya too. One look at the trailer confirmed that it looks like a reuse of everything from story to the set of Bhansali's former Devdas.

Mo said...

Yeah, it looks like Devdas in blue.

Anonymous said...

I am watching Saanwariya just to support the newcomers. I am giving up 3 hours of my life for the new kids.

Between what happened to the "bang the door" blog entry?

Mo said...

I used three hours of my life for fun.
I deserve it :)

"Bang the door" went back to the closet. Felt a bit coy, and in any case, I have saved the angst for another day.

Who is this, if I may ask?

Ashwin said...

Check out TZP if you haven't already. My review here:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0986264/usercomments-8